I hope you got to do some fall fun things this week, especially with midterms quickly approaching for most. Here is this week’s announcements:
- When searching for practice space, please remember just a few quick things:
- If you are practicing outside, please don’t wear the same shoes you wear to lesson, as the floors at lesson have been really dirty recently and this is a big factor in that.
- Please keep in mind that getting kicked out of the same space several times adds up quickly when multiple partnerships are doing the same thing, and this can give the team a really bad reputation with the building staff. Please be respectful and if you are told you can’t practice somewhere, don’t!
- Ballroom Buddies are back! Ballroom Buddies is a great way to get to know other team members better — just fill out this form and you will be matched with someone on the team! The form is due Friday, October 16th — reach out to Grace (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any pressing questions!
- Last call for ordering apparel is this week! Get your orders in by Saturday, October 17th.
- Guided Practice this week is on Thursday, October 15th from 5 – 6pm. If you are on C, Pre-C, or new to the team, this is a great way to ask questions about specific dances and get help from upper level team members! Zoom link here. Password: ChaCha
- Newcomer Lesson this week is going to be slightly different — we are going to try an outdoor lesson at Palmer Field this Saturday from 5 – 6! Lesson will be livestreamed on zoom as well if you cannot make it in person. Zoom link coming soon!
- Ballroom Happy Hour is back for real this week (sorry if you tried to come last week, we had a bit of a snag). Join us Friday, October 16th from 7 – 8pm on zoom to talk about life and say hi to friends! Zoom link here.
- Looking ahead: Start planning your costumes, because the UMBDT is hosting a virtual Halloween party at the end of the month (exact date tbd). Highlights will include spooky games, a costume contest, and other haunted fun!
Start thinking of fun dance showcases you can record for the virtual ballroom competition!
Take a look at apparel and order some sweet merch!
If you aren’t already, follow @MBDT on instagram!
Guided Practice from 5-6pm! Drop in to ask any and all questions about dancing.
Ballroom Happy Hour from 7-8pm!
Last day to fill out the Ballroom Buddies form!
Newcomer Lesson OUTSIDE at Palmer Field (the basketball court area next to the tent) from 5-6. Will also be livestreamed on zoom!
Last day to order apparel!
Happy Sunday! Practice some technique today!