Here’s our “Week at a Glance” for 10/8/17:
Some things for new members:
- Come get some dance shoes! Our shoe vendors will be here this Thursday, from 10-12pm. If your first name starts A-J, come from 10-11pm. If it’s K-Z, come from 11-12pm. If for some reason you can’t make your assigned time slot, contact Anna: (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Mandatory DTS info session for newcomers! If you missed last week’s info session for DTS, we have a make up session this Tuesday at 10pm in DTS. You’ll learn all the essential info to use our practice space properly! If you’re unable to attend, please message Fabi (email@example.com)
- Join our FB group! It’s the hub of our community and is where most of our event logistics are posted. Check it out here, and just hit request access.
- Wear some dance appropriate clothes/shoes. Until the weather starts cooling down, the CCRB can get a little warm while we dance. Maximize your comfort and flexibility by wearing clothes that are easy to move in, and breathable. Shoes must be worn at all times, no bare feet or just socks allowed.
- Check out the newcomer guide! Password is in your email. Click here to access.
Things for everyone:
- Our latest installment of “Through the Grapevine” is here! Check it out below:
- Illinois and Wisconsin competitions are coming up! Wisconsin is the perfect competition to try out a potential partnership, or just get your feet wet before OSB. Competitions are one of the most fun parts of learning how to dance. If you’re interested in competing but not sure what to expect, send your questions to our away competition chair, David (firstname.lastname@example.org). For everyone else who is planning on going, fill out the registration and rooms and rides below. Don’t pay on O2CM!!
October 14th: IllinoisPayment deadline is Wednesday Oct. 11th! Registration is closed.
October 21st: WisconsinRegister early by October 6th ($45), register late by October 18th (costs an extra $10)Payment deadline to the team is Oct 18th!Rooms and Rides (due October 13th @ 11:59pm)
- Scare your teammates and film it! We’re making a video in the weeks leading up to Halloween, and need shots of your frightened teammates! Simple or elaborate, film someone spooked and submit it to email@example.com.
- Questions? Email us! If you want to know something that you can’t find the answer to, just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re very quick at replies.
And now the schedule…
9-11pm: Newcomer review lesson. Missed the lesson last Saturday, or just want to come back and learn the steps again? In this two hour lesson, you’ll catch up on what we’ve been doing in the newcomer lessons: Am. Rumba, Am. Foxtrot, and Mambo. Location: Intramural Sports Building, Multipurpose Room A
9:30-11:30: Open Practice at DTS
10-11pm: DTS info session for newcomers
10-12pm: Open Practice at DTS (except in the big room because of the info session)
9:30-11:30pm: Open Practice at DTS
9-11pm: Rounds for Illinois! If you’re dancing at Illinois or want to do a simulated competition, come to this event. No guided practice this week. Location: Intramural Sports Building, Multipurpose room A.
10-12pm: Vending at DTS. COME GET SOME SHOES!
It’s Friday the 13th. Do something spooky.
Illinois comp!! If you’re not going, cheer on your team from afar 🙂
No lesson, fall break! Check out the club lessons on Sunday though if you’re still looking to learn something new.
Did you know?? Your ballroom team membership comes with a complimentary membership to the ballroom club! Just ask the desk at the club for your membership card. The Ballroom Dance Club meets once a week on Sundays and provides a relaxed, social environment to learn ballroom for the wider Ann Arbor community. You do not need to be a student to attend. Check out their dance schedule for this Sunday here, meeting in the Union Pendleton Room:
|5-6pm:||Int. Rumba 3|
|6-7pm:||Am. Waltz 2|
|7-8pm:||Quickstep 1 <- Newcomers come to this one and learn a new dance!|
Check out the club website here.
Lizzy told me to plug our social media so here we go:
Still working on a sign-off,