It’s time for our final recruitment push! Find out how you can help below…
Who’s excited for Guys’ and Girls’ Night this weekend? I know I am! Check out announcements about Saturday and much more below!
- Final push for recruitment! It’s our final week to recruit new members for the semester, and we need your help to build a strong future for the team!
Step 1: Share the Facebook event for our last free classes
Step 2: Attend our welcome week events on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (details below), dance with the newcomers and tell them why ballroom is the best club on campus!
- Guys’ and Girls’ Night is this Saturday! Get ready to get dressed up for a night of camaraderie and dancing as we kick off the semester in the best possible way. Come eat, drink, and welcome our new members in this team-wide event you’ll be talking about for days to come. Some people on the team like to dress up for the night (girls in cocktail/going out dresses, guys in a nice shirt and slacks) but this is completely optional! Private event information to follow on Saturday via the paid membership email list. You must pay your $60 semester dues to attend Guys’ and Girls’ Night!
- Dues are due! Speaking of Guys’ and Girls’ Night, it’s the final week to pay your $60 semester dues if you want to attend on Saturday (don’t make me throw you out of the party, I’m a mean bouncer!). Dues payments for returning members are due on Friday January 31st so Colin isn’t overwhelmed by everyone paying on the day of the deadline.
The payment methods are:
1) Venmo: username is @UMBDT
2) Check: made out to “Ballroom Dance Team”, give to any board member
3) Cash: give to any board member, be sure to get an email receipt
4) PayPal: friends and family to email@example.com, expect a fee of ~3% if you haven’t linked your bank account
5) Card: find the team treasurer Colin or president Lizzie, 3% processing fee
Team members at last year’s MSU competition! PC: Lindsay <3
- MSU registration due this week! The deadline to sign up for MSU is Saturday February 1st. You can find more details about this competition in an email from your lovely Away Comp Chair Natalie, but here’s a quick rundown of the important info:
FEB 8TH: MSU COMPETITIONRegistration, Rooms and Rides and payment ($50 entry fee per person) are all due on Saturday February 1st. Don’t be a jerk and make Colin hunt you down for payment – there will be a late fee on any payments made after the deadline. Pay the team, do not pay on the competition website!!!ROOMS AND RIDES (DUE FEBRUARY 1ST @ 11:59PM)
- Dance Mix Charity Master Class! Dance Mix are holding their yearly charity dance class this Sunday 2.30-3.30pm in Mason Hall! For every person who takes the class they will be donating $5 to Living Arts Detroit, a nonprofit organization that engages Detroit youth, teachers and families in the performing, visual, and media arts! The class is free plus it also benefits the community 🙂 You can find more information here.
9.30-11.30pm: Open Practice at DTS
6-8pm: Open Practice in the League Ballroom! We will be running showcases at 7pm.
8-10pm: Free Welcome Week lessons/showcases in the League Ballroom!!!
No DTS, come to our League event instead!
9.30-11.30pm: Open Practice at DTS
8pm-midnight: Open Practice in the League Ballroom! Come and practice your standard 🙂
9-11pm: Social dance lesson in CCRB 3275! Come and learn hustle and bachata in preparation for Guys’ and Girls’ Night!
No DTS, come to the League instead!
Pay your dues in order to attend Guys’ and Girls’ Night!!!
5-6.30pm: Final free newcomer lesson in CCRB 3275 with Steve and Susan! Wear your apparel, dance with the newcomers and tell them all about how awesome ballroom is!
8pm-???: Guys’ and Girls’ Night! Join us for the best night of the semester, and welcome our new members. More information and locations will be sent out to our paid email list, so be sure to pay your dues on time!!!
2.30-3.30pm: Dance Mix Charity Master Class in Mason Hall! More details here.
Club is in the League Ballroom this week, check out their website here for more info.
|6-7pm:||Beginner American Viennese Waltz <- newcomers come to this one to learn a new dance!|
Looking further ahead…
- American lessons this semester: Mark your calendars for these upcoming American style lessons! Steve and Susan will be running Bronze American lessons open to A-PreC teams on Monday February 3rd and Monday February 17th, and a Silver American lesson for A-B teams on Monday February 10th, so save the dates and keep an eye out for an email from your fabulous Curriculum Chair Madeline with more details and sign up! You don’t have to attend with your regular partner if they can’t make it. All American lessons are free to attend and will be 7-9pm in Steve and Susan’s studio.
Have a great week, and come help us recruit!!!