Winter recruitment starts this Saturday with our first free lesson!
I hope you all had a refreshing break and are ready for a jam-packed semester full of dancing shenanigans with your ballroom family! Here’s our announcements for the first week of the semester:
- Recruitment help needed! Our greatest asset is our wonderful current team members who welcome newbies and convey their infectious enthusiasm for dance! Winter semester recruitment mostly happens through word of mouth, so your participation is especially important 🙂
Here’s how you can help:
Step 1: Share our Welcome Week events on Facebook and invite all your friends here.
Step 2: Sign up to help out for an hour or two at Winterfest next week here.
Step 3: Attend our first free welcome week lesson on Saturday (details below), dance with the newcomers and tell them why ballroom is the best club on campus!
- It’s time for tryouts, get hype!!! See the separate email I sent out at the weekend for more details on what tryouts are and how to sign up. If you have never participated in tryouts before, I highly encourage it! Tryouts are a great learning experience and you can only gain from participating, as you’ll have a chance to win a spot on one of our tryout-only teams and benefit from smaller class sizes, more personal attention from our coaches, and the chance to learn way more about dancing than we can cover in newcomer lessons – who doesn’t want to learn some fun advanced moves or how to fix that infuriating step in the foxtrot? The deadline to sign up is 11.59pm on Tuesday, January 15th. Note that both partners must read the doc and complete the sign-up form.
- More tryouts: Reminder that you must pay your $60 winter semester dues and settle any outstanding debts you owe to the team from last semester in order to try out: check your inbox for Clara’s spreadsheet to find out if you owe any money.
- DTS resumes normal schedule. Unless otherwise noted on the calendar, come practice at DTS at the normal times.
Arnold promo feat. newcomer Grant!
Looking further ahead…
- Get hype for Arnold! Our biggest comp for the winter semester is less than two months away! The Arnold Ballroom Classic will be March 2nd-3rd, which is the first Saturday and Sunday of spring break. Not only is this competition as big as OSB, the points we earn from Arnold add on to our next OSB score, thus making it essential for defending our title. Be sure to save the date so you can dance for the Terminator himself, who makes an appearance every year in the ballroom!!!
- Save the date for MichComp! Your fabulous Home Competition Chair Anna has been hard at work preparing for our very own competition, which will be held on March 23rd at Pioneer High School. Putting on MichComp is a whole team effort, stay tuned for more details about how you can contribute 🙂
10-12pm: Open Practice at DTS
First day of classes! Wear your apparel to represent the best team on campus and use ballroom as your fun fact for those awkward first day of class icebreakers! Best of luck on the beginning of a new semester 🙂
9.30-11.30pm: Open Practice at DTS
9-11pm: Open Practice in CCRB 3275
No DTS, come to the CCRB instead!
Celebrate being done with your first week of class!
4.30-6pm: First free Welcome Week lesson in CCRB 3275, with Steve and Susan!!! Wear your apparel, dance with the newcomers and tell them all about how awesome ballroom is!
Club is in the League Vandenberg room this week, check out their website here for more info.
|5-6pm:||International Waltz 3|
|6-7pm:||American Rumba 2|
Good luck with your first week of classes!!!