Another throwback to our past Arnold victory!
I hope everyone is having a great start to their well-deserved spring break! I can’t wait to see everyone at the Arnold this weekend, but before then read on for all of this week’s important info 🙂
Announcements for Everyone:
- SAPAC Training Make-Up: Anyone who was not at SAPAC training will have to do a makeup SAPAC activity. If you do not complete the make-up training you will not be allowed at social events for the rest of the semester!
- March 5-6th: Arnold Competition! Our biggest competition of the winter semester is less than a week away! Here are some important reminders leading up to the competition 🙂
- Arnold Guide: Check out the Arnold Guide for answers to all your questions regarding the competition!
- Rooms and Rides: Rooms and Rides assignments will be coming out soon, so be on a lookout for an email from your wonderful away competition chair Lauren! Please be proactive in communicating with your driver and roommates when necessary!
- Pay the Team: The comp fee for the Arnold is $75 and was due on Friday! Late fees are now in effect, please make sure to complete all necessary action items ASAP or fees will continue to be added!
- Don’t forget: your dancewear, your dance shoes, extra clothes for hanging around the convention center, hair, makeup, and any other toiletries you need, and most importantly your winning attitude 🙂
- Things to Do: Watch some of the other exhibitions at the Arnold (be sure to keep track of your event times and if the comp is running early so you don’t miss out on dancing!), watch the A and B team compete in the international and american team matches, help video the competition, cheer on your teammates!
- Apparel: Apparel orders will be available for pick-up again after spring break!
- Lessons and DTS This Week: There will be no newcomer lessons or DTS until after spring break!
Looking Further Ahead…
March 11th: Dance Mix! It’s your favorite spectacular end of year dance show, and some of your very own teammates will be performing a Latin formation again this year! Come watch some of your fellow teammates perform in the power center 🙂
This Week’s Schedule…
Travel safe to the Arnold!!!
Arnold Day One:
Morning Session: Rhythm (Am. ChaCha, Am. Rumba, Swing, Mambo)
Team Match: Come cheer on your favorite A and B team members in the international and american team match 🙂
Afternoon Session: Standard (Int. Waltz, Quickstep, Int. Tango, Int. Foxtrot)
Arnold Day Two:
Morning Session: Smooth (Am. Watlz, Am. Tango, Am. Foxtrot, Am. Vienesse Waltz)
Afternoon Session: Latin (Int. ChaCha, Int. Rumba, Samba, Jive)
Evening: Travel safe back to Ann Arbor!
Bonus image: spot some of our current board members at the Arnold our Sophmore year 😉
Have a happy and relaxing spring break,