This time next week we’ll all be exhausted from dancing all weekend at Arnold!
I hope you’re all enjoying a well-earned break! Here’s a few quick announcements about practice space this week and final preparations for Arnold:
- Final preparations for Arnold!
- Competition from other schools at Arnold is often very fierce, so we’ll need to work hard to defend our title this year! Remember that there’s no event limit for Arnold, so you can dance two consecutive levels in all four styles and win heaps of points for our team!!! If you want to dance some events that your partner doesn’t, consider dancing TBA with someone else on the team! Contact Lizzie (enabney) if this applies to you and I’ll help pair you with someone, or post in the team Facebook group! You can add extra events at the registration table when you arrive at the competition.
- Comp schedule: Check out the schedule for the competition in the calendar section below. All times are approximate, and the comp often runs early so plan to show up at least an hour before your event is scheduled 🙂 Arnold is a bit different from other comps because all the levels run at the same time, rather than in groups like at other comps (bronze/gold, newcomer/silver).
- Costume rules: Stoned dresses are allowed in silver and above, but not in the bronze and newcomer categories. However, jewelry should be allowed in all levels, so feel free to bring all your brightest bling to Columbus and sparkle on the dance floor! If you’re dancing bronze/silver, remember that rounds of bronze and silver alternate so it’s not advisable to change costumes between rounds.
- Competition hair and makeup: Check out these video tutorials by team alumna Katherine for help!
- Everyone, check out our competition preparation list to see what you need to pack! Don’t be the person who forgets their tie or spandex 🙁
- Don’t forget to take a turn on the camera recording videos, and cheer for your teammates!
- Practice space this week: DTS will be open as usual on Monday and Thursday, and will be open 10.20pm-midnight on Tuesday but closed on Wednesday. If you’re looking for practice space outside those times, try the CCRB (the IM building is closed all week).
Team members at Northwestern’s comp this weekend!
9.30-11.30pm: Open practice at DTS
10.20pm-midnight: Open practice at DTS (note late opening)
No Newcomer lesson, come to DTS instead!
10pm-midnight: Open practice at DTS
No Newcomer guided practice, come to DTS instead!
Pack for Arnold and drive to Columbus!
ARNOLD DAY 1 (all times are approximate)
noon-1pm: Team match
No newcomer lesson
ARNOLD DAY 2 (all times are approximate; also Daylight Savings starts today!)
No club this week for Spring Break
There’s a lot of people on this team, to help you get to know everyone we’ve made a handy guide to who’s on which team. This week, here’s A-Team! If you have questions about dance, these are the people to ask 🙂
Eric and Elana
Eric is a Masters student studying Public Administration.
Elana is a graduate student studying Movement Science.
Viktoriya and Chris
Viktoriya is a senior majoring in Materials Science & Engineering.
Chris is a senior studying Conservation Biology and Ecology, Evolution & Biodiversity.
Can and Madeline
Can is a graduate student studying Computer Science & Engineering. He is also the team’s Recruitment Chair!
Madeline is a senior studying Elementary Education. She is also our Curriculum Chair!
Colin and Corey
Colin is a senior studying Chemical Engineering. He is also the team’s treasurer!
Corey is a senior studying Movement Science. She is also the Homp Comp Chair!
Lizzie and Neil
Lizzie is a graduate student studying Ancient Greek History. She is also the team’s president!
Neil is a first year medical school student.
Who’s ready to fight for another Arnold trophy???