Don’t forget to check out last week’s newsletter for some ideas on how to keep dance in your life this week, and also take a look at this mental health care package for some other activities you can try when you’re done with your classwork! Here’s this week’s announcements:
- Let’s connect! If you complete this form, you will be randomly matched with someone on the team. Next, your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to find a way to connect with your assigned team member this week! You can do something simple like reaching out to set up a Skype/FaceTime chat, or you come up with something more adventurous like sending each other a letter in the mail, playing a game together online or even practicing your ballroom basics together by video chat. The deadline to fill out the form is Tuesday 3/24 at 11.59pm, and you’ll receive your match on Wednesday 🙂
- Practice space this week: DTS will remain closed this week, but Grace has booked some slots in the brand new dance studios on the second floor of the Union for solo practice (if you haven’t seen them you can check them out here!). Sign up for a slot here: the studios are small, so each one is suitable for maximum two people to practice at the same time.
- Note: There’s a limit to how many times each student org can book this room, but IF you’re on the board of a different club and you have permission to use their short code then feel free to book these studios at times that work best for you. The studios are free so the short code will not be charged, you can find details on how to reserve the room here.
- Elections! Elections for our new executive board will be held as originally planned on Saturday April 18th, with voting taking place online. More info on how to apply for a board position will come out in a separate email later this week!
- Apparel: If you ordered apparel this semester and haven’t yet arranged for collection, please fill out this form so we can get you your apparel!
- Lost and found: Please claim your lost and found items from this semester! If an item is unclaimed by next Monday (3/30) it will be donated to the team closet or thrown away. You can arrange to collect your item(s) from Lizzie or we’ll set them aside for collection at a later date! If you can’t see what’s going on in that sea of black, there’s two vests and a black v-neck shirt in there somewhere…
Have a good week, I miss seeing all your smiling faces!