Our awesome Notre Dame competitors!
Congratulations to everyone who participated in our last competition of the semester this weekend! I had a wonderful time dancing alongside you all, and am so impressed with how much everyone has improved this semester! As we are quickly approaching the end of our semester there are lots of important reminders and upcoming events coming up, so read on for all the details 🙂
Announcements for Everyone:
- Notre Dame Post-Comp Announcements:
- COVID Notice: We have recieved notice of a positive COVID-19 test result from someone who attended the competition with our team this weekend. We highly recommend all Notre Dame competitors to take a post-comp COVID test this week before returning to team events! As always stay home and take a COVID test whenever you feel unwell or have a close contact with someone who tests positive and please let the board know if you test positive!
- Team Closet: Please wash and return all items that you have borrowed from the team closet ASAP! See Tiffany’s email for more info 🙂
- Videos: Notre Dame videos are in the process of being uploaded to our YouTube! Watching your comp videos is a great way to reflect on your dancing and where to improve next time. Check out the videos here!
- Reciepts: Submit your hotel and gas reciepts to Liam ASAP so everyone can be reimbursed appropriately!!
- DTS Schedule: DTS will be closed on Monday this week and will resume normal schedule Tuesday-Thursday. Please remember masks are required at all times at DTS and please do not go if you are feeling unwell or until you have a negative COVID test after a close contact!
- Lesson Schedule: We will have guided practice this week on Thursday from 9-11 pm in the CCRB! There will be no Sunday newcomer lesson this weekend due to Easter.
- Mask Policy: For the rest of the semester our team will be requiring that all members wear masks at any practices or lessons. This includes wearing masks in the CCRB during lessons, even though they are not required by the university at this time. Thank you for helping us keep everyone healthy and safe!
- Team Balances: Be on the lookout for an email from Liam coming tomorrow with all the end of semester team balances! Please pay your balance ASAP. You must be in good financial standing with the team to attend EOS 🙂
- EOS: Our winter end of semester celebration is coming up this Saturday (4/16)!! See Manasi’s email for more detailed information 🙂 Highlights will include:
- Potluck: Sign up for the potluck here!
- Elections: Keep an eye on your inbox for pre-election candidate information coming soon and be sure to fill out this form if you will need an absentee ballot for the election!
- Superlatives: Vote for ballroom superlatives here 🙂
- Senior Sendoffs: All seniors graduating this semester who would like to have a sendoff should fill out this form ASAP! Reminder that it is your responsibility to let the person who will be sending you off know that they will be giving your speech!
- After Party: After the formal EOS celebration we will have our afterparty starting at 10 pm at the ballroom house 🙂
- End of Semester Showcases: We will be doing showcases next Thursday at DTS! This is a great way to show off the skills you have been working on all semester for all your ballroom friends! Sign-up will be going out next week!
- Teaching Reminders: Please remember that the only people allowed to teach any dance moves or styling are the members of the A and B teams! Only these people are authorized to provide instruction. This is to ensure that any information being given is accurate and to help prevent folks picking up bad habits that will be difficult to break later.
This Week’s Schedule…
9:30-11:30 pm: Open Practice at DTS
10:00 pm – 12:00 pm: Open Practice at DTS
9:00-11:00 pm: Guided Practice in CCRB 3275!
9:30-11:30 pm: Open Practice at DTS
Get hype for EOS tomorrow night!
7:00-9:00 pm: End of Semester Celebration and Elections!
10:00 pm: EOS After Party at the Ballroom House 🙂
No Newcomer Lesson…Good Luck on Finals Next Week!!
Bonus Bonus Image: One of the few photos we grabbed of the whole board! Thank you all for an amazing year truly couldn’t have done it without everyone’s help <3