Throwback our first competition of the semester! Don’t forget to mask up this week 🙂
I hope everyone is having a great and relaxing weekend! I thank everyone for your patience and understanding this week as we have had to make some changes to our normal schedule due to increases in COVID-19 cases among our team members. We take the health and safety of our team very seriously and will be acting in an abundance of caution this week going forwards so that we can keep everyone healthy and dancing for the rest of the semester🙂
Announcements for Everyone:
- DTS: DTS will be closed this week due to increase in COVID-19 cases.
- Rounds on Thursday: This Thursday we will be holding rounds in the CCRB during the normal newcomer lesson time in preparation for Notre Dame this weekend. Rounds are a great chance to prepare for what it will be like to dance at the competition, and we will practice walking on the floor, dancing for a full “round” (~1.5 minutes of music), and moving around everyone else on the floor just like you will at comp! Please plan to arrive on time as rounds will be starting promptlly at 9 pm!! Please plan to arrive early if you will need time to change into costumes for rounds. In order to have as safe of a rounds experience as possible ALL team members wishing to participate must meet the following requirements:
- Show proof of a negative CSTP test result if you are eligible to recieve testing OR provide a negative at home test if you are unnable to use CSTP. You will need to CSTP test on Wednesday to recieve your results back for Thursday!
- Wear a mask at all times during rounds
- Complete ResponsiBlue screening (please be critical and truthful about your health)
- If there is credible reason to believe that you are sick and have chosen to attend rounds you will be asked to leave 🙂
- Mask Policy: For the rest of the semester our team will be requiring that all members wear masks at any practices or lessons. This includes wearing masks in the CCRB during lessons, even though they are not required by the university at this time. Thank you for helping us keep everyone healthy and safe!
- Notre Dame: Keep an eye on your inbox for the Irish Dancesport Gala R&R information. We ask all competitors from our team to meet the following requirements before leaving for the Irish Dancesport Gala on Friday:
- Have proof of a negative COVID-19 test through CSTP if eligible OR an at home test if unnable to use CSTP. You will need to CSTP test on Thursday morning at the latest to recieve your resutls back for Friday!
- Anyone who is currently testing positive for COVID-19 must fully complete their 5 day quarantine and show no symptoms to be allowed to compete on Saturday. You should also complete an at home COVID-19 test if you are not eligible for CSTP testing! If you are not able to meet these requirements or are still sick the team will refund your Notre Dame competition fee! Please contact your Away Competition Chair Lauren (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need to withdraw from the competition ASAP!
- Drivers may choose to mandate mask wearing on the way to/from the competition! Passengers please be respectful of your driver’s decision!
- Arnold Videos: Check out your videos from the Arnold on our YouTube here! We highly recommend watching your videos to see where you can improve for next time!
- Team Closet: If you need to request items from the team closet for Notre Dame please do so ASAP! See our team closet document for all the details on requesting items 🙂
- Election Information: Be sure to check out the election information which went out yesterday for all the details on running for board 🙂 Don’t forget to submit your platform and any other candidate information by Sunday at 11:59 pm!!
- Teaching Reminders: Please remember that the only people allowed to teach any dance moves or styling are the members of the A and B teams! Only these people are authorized to provide instruction. This is to ensure that any information being given is accurate and to help prevent folks picking up bad habits that will be difficult to break later.
Looking Further Ahead…
April 16th: End of Semester Celebration and Board Elections! Highlights of EOS include: food, supurlatives, senior send offs, and most importantly…the election of our new board! If you have any questions about being on board or a specific position feel free to reach out to any of our current board members!
This Week’s Schedule…
9:00-11:00 pm: Rounds in CCRB 3275!!
Reminder: you must have a negative COVID test and clear ResponsiBlue to participate in rounds this week!!!
Travel safe to Notre Dame 🙂
Good luck to all of our Notre Dame competitors!!
3:00-5:00 pm: Newcomer Lesson in CCRB 3275 🙂
11:59 pm: Board platforms and nominations are due!!