That feeling when you win the International and American team matches!
Recruitment season is in full swing, thank you so much to everyone who has helped out so far! We still have a bunch of flyering and tabling events to come this week, followed by our first free lesson on Saturday, so please take an hour or two to give out some flyers and tell incoming students why we are the best student group on campus! You might even recruit your future partner or ballroom BFF 🙂
Here’s this week’s announcements:
- It’s time for tryouts, get hype!!! See the separate email I sent out this morning for more details on what tryouts are and how to sign up. If you have never participated in tryouts before, I highly encourage it! Tryouts are a great learning experience and you can only gain from participating, as you’ll have a chance to win a spot on one of our tryout-only teams and benefit from smaller class sizes, more personal attention from our coaches, and the chance to learn way more about dancing than we can cover in newcomer lessons – who doesn’t want to learn some fun advanced moves or how to fix that infuriating step in the foxtrot? The deadline to sign up is 11.59pm on Tuesday, September 10th. Note that both partners must complete the sign-up form individually.
- Rec Sports waiver, NEW THIS SEMESTER: if you plan to attend any of our events in the CCRB/IMSB this semester (newcomer lesson, tryouts, rounds, practice space etc.) Rec Sports now requires you to complete an insurance waiver before attending. It takes two minutes to fill out, you can find the form here.
- Recruitment help needed! Recruiting new members is a team-wide effort and is vital for the team’s future stability. Our greatest asset is our wonderful current team members who welcome newbies and convey their infectious enthusiasm for dance! Here’s how you can help:
Step 1: Invite all your friends to our Welcome Week events on Facebook here, and share the event!
Step 2: Sign up to help out for an hour or two at our flyering and tabling events here.
Step 3: Attend our first free welcome week lesson on Saturday (details below) and dance with the newcomers!
Many thanks to everyone who has helped out so far, we’ve already given out over 1000 flyers this weekend!
- On Tuesday, DTS resumes normal schedule: Unless otherwise noted on the calendar, come practice at DTS at the normal times.
- Calendar: The calendar on the website is fully updated and should be your go-to source for practice space times, lessons, and social events. Check it out!
A full day of recruitment! Come help us flyer for an hour or two at one of these events:
11am-2pm: Northfest, North Campus Grove – find our table
2-4.30pm: Pride Outside, Palmer Field (meet by MoJo at 2pm)
5.30-7.30pm: Pre-Class Bash, Palmer Field (meet by MoJo at 5.30pm)
DTS closed for Labor Day
First day of classes! Wear your apparel to represent the best team on campus and use ballroom as your fun fact for those awkward first day of class icebreakers! Best of luck on the beginning of a new semester 🙂
10-12 pm: Open Practice at DTS
9.30-11.30 pm: Open Practice at DTS
10-12 pm: Open Practice at DTS
2pm-6pm: Festifall in the Diag, find our table!
4.30-6pm: First Welcome Week lesson in CCRB 3275, taught by A/B-team. Wear your apparel, dance with the newcomers and tell them all about how awesome ballroom is!
Club is in the Vandenberg Room in the League this week. Lesson schedule TBD, come to open dance 7-9pm (note early time) to practice for tryouts!
Thanks for reading this lengthy post and for all that you do for the continued success of our team. See you all soon, looking forward to another great year with each and every one of you!