The team is made up of five different levels:
- A Team – The highest level of the team. Dancers usually compete at the gold and open levels. Lesson times are:
- Saturday, 12:00-2:00pm
- Wednesday, 8:00-10:00pm
- B Team – Dancers generally compete at the bronze and silver levels. Lesson times are:
- Saturday, 2:00-4:00pm
- Tuesday, 8:00-10:00pm
- C Team – Dancers generally compete at the bronze level. Lesson times are:
- Monday, 8:00-10:00pm
- Thursday, 8:00-10:00pm
- Pre-C Team – Dancers who generally have finished their first semester as a newcomer, and compete at the newcomer and bronze levels. Lesson times are determined on a weekly basis.
- Newcomers – New members of our team start their first semester as newcomers. The great majority of the team’s resources go to developing our newcomers not only as dancers, but as teammates. Newcomers have a beginner lesson every Saturday in the CCRB (from 6:00-8:00pm in the IM Building Multipurpose Room A), and the team holds coached practices for newcomers every Monday and Thursday at our practice space, DTS.
Throughout September and early October, the team holds many, many events for our newcomers. On any day at any event, there are always upper-level team members available and willing to help out Newcomers.
Placement on the A, B, C or Pre-C teams is determined by our coaches during tryouts, held in the beginning of both Fall and Winter semesters. Generally, couples try out after their first semester as newcomers.