10/1/17 Week at a Glance
Sassy foxtrot feat. Jasper & Alison
Here’s our “Week at a Glance” for the first week in October:
Some things for new members:
- Remember to bring your membership card to lesson. As you need to have paid dues to attend lessons with the team from now on, make sure you bring your membership card so we know you’ve joined. If you forget it, we can look you up in our spreadsheet but this isn’t preferred as it’s time consuming to the instructors.
- Wear some dance appropriate clothes/shoes. Until the weather starts cooling down, the CCRB can get a little warm while we dance. Maximize your comfort and flexibility by wearing clothes that are easy to move in, and breathable. Shoes must be worn at all times, no bare feet or just socks allowed.
- Check out the newcomer guide! Password is in your email. Click here to access.
- Join our FB group! It’s the hub of our community and is where most of our event logistics are posted. Check it out here, and just hit request access.
Things for everyone:
- Order some apparel! Ballroom apparel is ready for you to order on our website. The deadline to buy apparel is next Saturday, October 7th at midnight. You can place your order through PayPal using our website; if you want to pay by cash, check, or Venmo, please send Anna (our PR chair) an email with the Item, Color, and Size of each thing you order. (email@example.com). Click here for swag.
- CORN MAZE TRIP!! This Friday, join your teammates in our annual tradition of getting lost in corn together. The cost for admission is $5, but bring some extra money for delicious donuts and cider. Remember to bring a flashlight! Sign up for the corn maze here. Meeting time is 6:45pm at the cube.
- Volunteer to dance with the residents of Glacier Hills Senior Living Community! On the first Thursday of every month (3:15 to 4:45pm), they host ballroom lessons and need people to volunteer to dance with the residents. You don’t need to worry about teaching or performing, just show up and have fun dancing. Quite a few of our team members have done this or something similar in the past and really enjoyed it. Let Anna know if you’re interested so she can coordinate rides. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Illinois and Wisconsin competitions are soon! If you’re new to the team, don’t worry — these are the really early competitions in the semester. If you’re interested in competing but not sure what to expect, send your questions to our away competition chair, David (email@example.com). For everyone else who is planning on going, fill out the registration and rooms and rides below. Don’t pay on O2CM!!
October 14th: Illinois
Register by October 7th ($42)
Rooms and Rides (due October 6th @ 11:59pm)
October 21st: Wisconsin
Register early by October 6th ($45), register late by October 14th (costs an extra $10)
If you’re planning on going, don’t forget to pay. Usual methods are accepted — if you want to use team credit contact Lizzie (the British one 🇬🇧) (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Questions? Email us! If you want to know something that you can’t find the answer to, just shoot us an email at email@example.com. We’re very quick at replies.
And now the schedule…
9-11pm: Newcomer review lesson. Missed the lesson last Saturday, or just want to come back and learn the steps again? In this two hour lesson, you’ll catch up on what we’ve been doing in the newcomer lessons: Am. Rumba, Am. Foxtrot, and Mambo. Location: Intramural Sports Building, Multipurpose Room A
9:30-11:30: Open Practice at DTS
10-12pm: Open Practice at DTS
9:30-11:30pm: Open Practice at DTS
3:15 to 4:45pm: Glacier Hills volunteering opportunity
9-11pm: NEW: Coached Practice. We’re giving you a space to practice what you’ve learned in lesson, with guidance from experienced team members! Come practice your steps, try out a partnership, and ask questions to our most experienced team members. If you’re looking to improve quickly, this is the place to do it! Location: Intramural Sports Building, Multipurpose room A.
10-12pm: Open Practice at DTS
6:45pm: CORN MAZE TRIP! Meet at the cube, on the North side of the Michigan Union.
5-7pm: Newcomer lesson with Steve and Susan! Be the first to learn some new rumba, foxtrot, and mambo moves.
Did you know?? Your ballroom team membership comes with a complimentary membership to the ballroom club! Just ask the desk at the club for your membership card. The Ballroom Dance Club meets once a week on Sundays and provides a relaxed, social environment to learn ballroom for the wider Ann Arbor community. You do not need to be a student to attend. Check out their dance schedule for this Sunday here, meeting in the Union Pendleton Room:
||Intl Rumba 2
||Am Waltz 1 <- Newcomers come to this one!
Check out the club website here.
Happy dancing, and to our new members: welcome to the team. 🙂