MBDT needs YOU! Board applications are due on Friday, will you rise to the challenge of serving on the team’s 23rd executive board?
We’ve got a lot of important announcements this week to prepare for board elections and our End of Semester party, so please read everything carefully!
- Run for board! Applications for board positions are now open, and will close on Friday, April 19th at 11:59pm. For more information about board positions and how to run for board, please see this document here. While being on board can be challenging at times, it is also hugely rewarding! You will gain a unique perspective and appreciation for the team and a board position is a great way to build your resume for future job applications. If you’re interested in running for a board position there will be an informal info session/office hour with me and some other board members this Wednesday in League Room B. Swing by for a few minutes to find out more about what being on the exec board entails, get some advice on writing your platform or have your questions about board answered by some experts!
- SpringFest! SpringFest is an annual festival held on Central Campus that showcases the unique value that different student groups bring to campus and the Ann Arbor community. This year SpringFest will be on the Diag on Tuesday April 16th 11am-4pm, and we get to show off our dancing skills at the festival by teaching mini hustle, swing and cha cha lessons and tabling to build our interest list for our 2019 Newcomer class. Please sign up to help out for an hour or two here! If you are interested in running for board, this is a great opportunity to practice your recruitment skills and show how dedicated you are to the team 🙂 You can check out the Facebook event here to see all the other cool things that will be happening at the festival.
- DTS this week: Due to low turnout last week, DTS will only be open on Wednesday this week 🙁
Celebrate a successful year of dancing and say a tearful farewell to our graduating seniors at our end of semester party!
- End of Semester party: EOS is coming up soon (Friday April 26th @ 7.30pm in 2435 North Quad), here’s some things you need to do to prepare:
- Absentee ballot: If you can’t make it to EOS but want to vote in the elections, please email me (email@example.com) to request an absentee ballot. Deadline: Thursday April 25th @ 11.59pm
- Dress to the Nines: The dress code for EOS is semi-formal, so men bust out that suit and tie and ladies bring out your best dress to celebrate the evening in 🙂
- $$$: In order to attend EOS and vote in the elections, you must be in good financial standing with the team! Plan on paying off your entire balance in order to attend.
- Potluck: As well as paying your balance, you also need to bring a dish to pass to attend EOS! Please sign up with your dish here so we don’t end up with 100 of the same thing 🙂
- Senior Send-off: If you are graduating this semester, please fill out this form so that we can send you off in style!
- Superlatives! Who is the team’s biggest flirt? Most mismatched couple? Team MVP? Cast your vote here. Deadline: Thursday April 25th @ 11.59pm
- Year in Review: Share your favourite pictures from the past year of ballroom shenanigans by sending them to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) so I can include them in the Year in Review segment of EOS! Deadline: Thursday April 25th @ 11.59pm
No DTS 🙁
11am-4pm: SpringFest on the Diag! Come for an hour or two and show off your dancing skills 🙂
9-11pm: Newcomer review lesson taught by me and Jonny!
No DTS 🙁
6-7pm: Board info session/informal office hour in League Room B. Run for board!
9.30-11.30pm: Open practice at DTS
9-11pm: Newcomer/Pre-C supervised practice
No DTS 🙁
11.59pm Deadline for board applications! Email your platform to email@example.com
4.30-6pm: Last Newcomer lesson of the semester with Steve and Susan!
No Club this week due to Easter!
Happy dancing! Run for board 🙂
Photo by Abben Hung