Congratulations to the winners of 15 consecutive Ohio Star Ball Championships!
Whether this was your first or your final OSB, I am so proud of everything we accomplished together this weekend! I hope you all had a fantastic time dancing your hearts out and bonding with your teammates. Every couple scored the team points which contributed to this fantastic result, not to mention helping maintain the energy on the dance floor by adding your voices to our incredibly hype cheering section!!!
Thank you to all the leads who danced TBA with girls from other schools, and everyone who spent time working the camera and helping the weekend run smoothly in countless other ways. Also, a special shout out to your fabulous Away Comp chair Natalie and the rest of the team board for all their hard work this semester to make this weekend a success!
If you had an amazing time at OSB or you sadly couldn’t make it this time, we’ll be heading back to Columbus on March 7th-8th for the Arnold Dancesport Competition! Arnold is the biggest competition of the winter semester and we earn points there which will contribute to our score at OSB 2020. It’s the second weekend of Spring Break, so save the date and plan to get back from break early so you can dance with your teammates and see the Governator himself (yes, Arnold Schwarzenegger will be there!!!).
Just a few announcements for this week:
- DTS is closed this week, no newcomer lesson this week: Have a relaxing break, we’ll resume our normal lesson and practice schedule next week 🙂
- Practice space: There will be open practice space in CCRB 3275 on Tuesday, 9-11pm.
- OSB Gas receipts: Drivers, please submit your gas receipts to Colin asap (crolston) in order to be reimbursed for your gas. Thank you for driving!
- OSB Lost and Found: Here’s everything I picked up from our section of the ballroom, please claim your items! Not pictured: one black tie and another shoe brush
- OSBingo: If your car participated in OSBingo, make sure you email a .zip file with your photos or share them in a Google Drive with Meagan (msindone) by December 1st so she can tally the points and we can crown the winning car at our End of Semester party on December 7th!
- Team closet: Please return all team closet items/other items borrowed from your team-mates as soon as possible after Thanksgiving. Please wash your items so they are ready for the next borrower!
No DTS, no newcomer lesson
9-11pm Practice space in CCRB 3275
Wednesday 11/27-Saturday 11/30
No team events the rest of this week, enjoy the break!
Club is in the Vandenberg Room in the League this week, check out their website here for more info. This week there’s no lesson running, but there will be open dance 7.30-10pm.