MBDT needs YOU! Board applications are due on Friday, will you rise to the challenge of serving on the team’s 24th executive board?
If you’re looking to get some dance in your life this week check out this updated list of resources (and feel free to recommend additions to the list!). Here’s this week’s announcements:
- Run for board! It’s your last chance to run for board this week, as applications will close on Friday, April 10th at 11.59pm. For more information about board positions and how to run for board, please see this document here. While being on board can be challenging at times, it is also hugely rewarding! You will gain a unique perspective and appreciation for the team and a board position is a great way to build your resume for future job applications. If you’re interested in running for a board position, make sure you contact the current holder of the position or Lizzie to get more information so you can write a strong application!
- Say goodbye to our seniors! At our End of Semester party each year we normally write cards to say goodbye to our graduating seniors. This year, we’ll be collecting your goodbye messages/photos electronically here, and Bridget has kindly volunteered to compile everyone’s contributions into a special individual collection for each senior to take with them after they graduate! The deadline for contributions will be this Saturday 4/11 at 11.59pm to give Bridget time to get everything ready in time for our End of Semester celebration on April 18th! Here’s the list of everyone who’s graduating this year 🙁
- Kaili Dence
- Athina Ruangkanit
- Michael Riehs
- Patrick Ryan
- Esti Gajda
- Nick Peck-Dimit
- Jack Boezwinkle
- Emily Day
- Meagan Sindone
- Erin Simon
- Colin Palacios-Rolston
- Corey Flynn
- Lizzie Nabney
- Vote in the Accolade Awards! We’re excited to have been nominated for an Accolade Award this year for Best Ensemble Dance Group! Vote here to help win $$$ for the team, it only takes a couple of minutes 🙂
- Let’s connect, round 2! If you complete this form, you will be randomly matched with someone on the team. Next, your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to find a way to connect with your assigned team member this week! You can do something simple like reaching out to set up a Skype/FaceTime chat, or you come up with something more adventurous like sending each other a letter in the mail, playing a game together online or even practicing your ballroom basics together by video chat. The deadline to fill out the form is Tuesday 4/7 at 11.59pm, and you’ll receive your match on Wednesday 🙂
- Arnold highlight reel: Natalie and Grace put together a cute highlight reel from our weekend at Arnold, check it out here 🙂
- Ballroom bingo! Grace has put together a ballroom bingo card, how many squares can you check off? Tag the team Facebook page or @michiganballroom on Instagram so we can see your answers!
- Superlatives! Who is the team’s biggest flirt? Most mismatched couple? Team MVP? Cast your vote here. Deadline: Thursday April 16th @ 11.59pm
- Year in Review: Share your favourite pictures from the past year of ballroom shenanigans by sending them to me (enabney) so I can include them in a project I’m working on! Deadline: Thursday April 16th @ 11.59pm
- $$$: In order to vote in the election, you must be in good financial standing with the team! Plan on paying off your entire balance before April 18th, Colin will send out the finalized spreadsheet soon so keep an eye out for it in your email inbox…
- Advance ballot: If you’re unable to vote on April 18th, please email me (enabney) to request an advance ballot. Deadline: Thursday April 16th @ 11.59pm
Have a great week everyone, and RUN FOR BOARD!