Hello and welcome back to the first Week at a Glance of a very different semester. As with everything else of the moment, WAG will be slightly different than in years past because we no longer know what to expect with the ever-changing future, and we also currently do not have access to our normal practice spaces. Despite this, I am so looking forward to figuring out how to navigate this year with all of you.
Here are this week’s announcements:
- It’s almost time for Tryouts! Mark your calendars for Sunday, September 20th at Steve and Susan’s Studio (tentative time 2pm but this is subject to change).
- See the separate email I sent out today for more information on tryouts, as well as a form that each person must fill out as soon as they know for sure who they are trying out with.
- It is crucial that I know the number of couples planning on trying out, as we are still working on plans to run tryouts in a health-informed and safe way, but these plans rely on the knowledge of how many people will trying out so please fill that form out ASAP
- Dues are at a reduced price this year! For full-team, in-person members, dues will be $40, and for virtual members, $15. We want our dues price to be reflective of the services we offer, and with the reduction of activities we feel this is more fair to all members. I will be sending out another email in the next day or so detailing what each membership will include.
- Virtual Festifall is this Friday, September 4, from 2-6 pm . Come hang out with us and help show people why we love ballroom! We are in the Maize Session.
- Come to our Welcome Back Zoom next Friday, September 11! Say hi to everyone, ask questions about the semester, and more fun things!
- The Student Organization Funding Committee (SOFC) is looking for new members! Not only would this be a great learning and leadership opportunity, it would also be very good for the team to understand how funding will look this year. This link has more information as well as the application, and if you do end up applying, let me know (email@example.com)!
- If you have any ideas, concerns, or questions, you can always feel free to shoot the board a message. If you would like to remain anonymous for any reason, you can use this link through our website to contact us.