It starts with YOU!
Every year, hundreds of students who want learn how to ballroom dance join our team. Most people who join have no dancing experience. The team, along with our professional coaches, will teach you to dance from the very first step. You don’t need a partner to begin dancing.
This year, dues are $60 for new and returning members!
Once you are a member of the team, you will enjoy the following privileges:
- Newcomer lessons every Sunday in the CCRB!
- Review lessons once per week, usually on Thursday evenings, taught by our experienced team members. These smaller classes are more personalized for those looking for additional guided practice during the week.
- Open Dance every Sunday at the Union/League hosted by the Ballroom Dance Club at the University of Michigan. The club also offers three levels of lessons every Sunday afternoon, the first two levels of which are free to our team members. (Currently closed due to COVID)
- Practice space Monday-Thursday at Dance Theatre Studio (DTS), which is a conveniently located studio on Central Campus.
- Finally, you’ll have friends, networks, and dancing skills that last a lifetime!
Thank you for your interest in our team – we would be thrilled to have you join! Come join us at any of our practices or free lessons and find out more about the team and sign up!
Dues are $60 per semester. Please note: You must be a student enrolled in a degree seeking program to join (but this can be at any university, not just the University of Michigan). You can pay by:
- Venmo: You can pay the team directly on Venmo, just search for @UMBDT. Please include your name, uniqname, UMID, and whether or not you are new in the comment section of the payment.
- Check: Make checks out to “Ballroom Dance Team” (no need for “Michigan” in front) and hand the check to any board member. Be sure to get an email receipt!
- Cash: You can give cash to any board member. Be sure to get an email receipt!
- PayPal: Send your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please select that you are paying friends and family, as this avoids unnecessary fees and allows us to keep registration fees low. Please include your name, uniqname and UMID in the “notes” section of your payment. If you haven’t linked your bank account to your PayPal account, expect a 3% transaction fee.
- Card: The team treasurer can accept debit/credit card payments in person using Square, with a 3% transaction fee.